Monday, August 23, 2010

Pretzel

I remember, when I was young

Only a few years into my life

I was running in the mall

I was with friends,

Climbing,

Jumping,

Having fun

I was in a little playscape

Meant for younger kids

Like me

The toys we climbed on were big

Soft, but hard

Sponge-like, but painted

We were climbing on them

Having fun

I remember a lady sitting on the bench

My mom

Holding a pretzel and cheese

The pretzel was big and soft

The kind that people sell at fairs

Sprinkled with salt

The cheese was in a little container,

Clear and plastic with a lid

It was warm and orange

With a little yellow

I ran up for a bite of that pretzel

Dipped in cheese

The salt on my tongue

Cheese rolling in my mouth

The pretzel taste seeping in

I finished my bite

Then dashed away

No comments:

Post a Comment